Sunday, July 03, 2005

6 Month Review

If you have a job like most people, you have a semi annual review to help you understand just how shitty you're doing and why you're not going to get a raise this year. Well I've been blogging for 6 months and it's no different. In January I made some new years resolutions and posted them for all the internet to see. I will now review my progress on those.

1. This year I'm going to try to get to my desk at work before 8 at least 3 days a week.

  • I know this sounds like I meant every week during
    the year. What I really meant was that for at least one week this year
    I was going to try to make it to work before 8 O'Clock on 3 of the
    5 days. I'm still working on this. Maybe if I changed it to
    3 days this year I'd have a shot. I think I made it in before 8 once already

2. This year I'm going to lose 10 pounds. As of today I weighed 196.5 in my skivvies. (I don't really use that word

  • I'm 197 lbs today. So this is going pretty well. Only 10.5 more pounds to go.

3. This year I will be more honest with people when I think they're being an idiot.

  • I've tried this a few times. People don't
    really take well to constructive criticism.

4. I will also be more quick to give praise where praise is due.

  • I have actually been better at this. I'm a nice guy. Ieven told the doctor that I thought he did a good job of stabbing me in the nuts.

5. I'm also getting rid of my cats.

  • done

So overall I think this could be one of my best success stories ever as resolutions go. I think I might get a pretty decent year end review if I can just lose a few pounds.

7 comments:

russ said...

Then maybe you should quit scavenging off your wife's plate at dinner, fatty.

Carly said...

for #2 alone I love you....

John said...

cool we'll make out when I'm there then

Carly said...

bring it on, baby. I've got lots of chapstick. Shamus said to bring your extra liver too.

LizzieDaisy said...

Gee, I'm so glad I don't know you! :) Please don't tell me when I'm being an idiot (yes, I know)... I don't take well to constuctive criticism either. Or to being called an idiot.

No cats? Gee, did they scratch you across your face too? Grrrr. Just in time for my party yesterday too. Course I got to tell everyone (70+ yesterday, yawn!) my hubby did it though. Oh, and it's cause the cat was eating out of my daughter's cereal bowl while she was brushing him (eww) and I tried to remove him. Guess he was enjoying that...

And I love you for number two too. But if you say anything about making out, my hubby won't let me come anymore. And that would be very sad. :)

Sarah said...

Why did you even put #3 as a resolution. You are already good at this. RE: #1 - I came in at 9 today. Awesome.

Lo Lo Lova said...

Based on your performance, do YOU think you should get a raise? I will notify the Blog Board and see what their input is. Although 1 out of 5... not so good.