Sunday, May 22, 2005

How did I get here?

I've had a poopload of pretty diverse jobs in my "young" life. I thought the ol' blog would be a fun place for me to try to remember every job I've had since I started working. This is a list of all the jobs I've done. You can see how my job history was obviously geared towards a career in information technology.

The list is chronological and shows
My age - Job description - duration
  1. 12 - farming/bailing hay-straw/shoveling shit - 3 years
  2. 15 - greenhouse helper for a flower shop - 1 day
  3. 16 - building and grounds maintenance for a trucking distribution center - summer
  4. 16 - grocery bagger/carryout/stockboy for IGA - 2 years
  5. 18 - transfer press operator for GM Lumina Minivan - 30 days nonstop
  6. 19 - parking office clerk at college - 3 years during school
  7. 19 - silk screen printing shop die press operator - summer
  8. 20 - Stockboy for Dave's - 1 year
  9. 21 - sheet metal sheer operator for welding fabrication shop - 1 year
  10. 22 - environmental testing lab technician - 2 years
  11. 24 - machine repairman - 1.5 years
  12. 26 - CAD Draftsman - 1.5 years
  13. 27 - Network Administrator - 3 years (also Dad)
  14. 30 - Systems Analyst - 3 years (also Dad again)

I know I know..... who gives a crap. Well, if you need t-shirts for your softball team, purified gas, a near perfect vacuum, a soil separator shaker, water or soil tested for PCB's and VOC's, a good brush hog guy, or a pig stall cleaned. I'm you're man. Also if you have computer problems or a problem with your golf cart I can help you with that too.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I may or may not have also been a bagger at a grocery store. Worst...job...ever.

Johnny Virgil said...

every place I've ever worked has gone out of business. Every. Single. One. I just figure the place I work now is so big, it's taking me a little while. I also managed to jump ship weeks if not days before said companies went belly up, so if I ever quit or get laid off, run for your lives.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Everybody needs to know a brush-hogger. Do you do stumps as well?