Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

This is sort of an apology/thank you to moms of the world for being the comeback line of the milennium. "Your mom" is the greatest response to any question you don't feel like answering even if it's your brother or your mom asking the question.

For example:

my brother: "what are you doing in my room?"
me: "your mom"

my mom: "what is taking you so long?"
me: "your mom"

Sarah: "are you going to lunch today?"
me: "yes"
Sarah: "awesome"
me: "yes it is awesome"
Sarah: "what are you eating?"
me: "your mom"

Danielle: "let's do this"
me: "your mom?"

Scott: (in meeting with me) "this is never going to end"
me: "that's what your mom said last night"

Erik: "is there anything to do in Cleveland on the weekends?"
me: "your mom"

In closing, I would just like to thank "your mom" for being the greatest comeback in the history of dialogue. I had the misfortune of using "your mom" in my first ever instant message conversation with Johnny V. several years back. It went something like this.

me: hey man I have a question about ....(some work thing)
jv: ok what is it?
(several minutes pass while I try to figure out what the hell to even ask so I don't sound retarded)
jv: what the h are you doing?
me: your mom
(several more long minutes of silence pass forcing me to walk over to ask Scott if I maybe I said something I shouldn't have)
(discussion with Scott confirms that I have once again stuffed my foot in my giant mouth and if you read JV's mother's day post you'll understand just how assinine I felt)
(I return to my desk to find this)
jv: haha good one

Thanks for not hating me JV.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all this post is awesome. Second of all, JV knows you didn't mean anything by it. Third of all, that conversation between you and me was copied directly from Sametime, wasn't it?

Scott said...

The best thing to do is get dressed up (for a vendor meeting or whetever). Then every smart-ass in the place will say, "Oooohhh big interview??" then you can flatly reply, "No my grandma died" Even when its not true its fun. (Both of my grandmothers are dead - so I am not jinxing them or anything).

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Whatever you've been eating for breakfast recently John, keep it up. You've been tapping out some seriously good posts over the past week.

Wait, I already know what you're going to say, "Your Mom".